Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Goal Analysis

Below is a mid-term reflection of the SMART health goal I set earlier in the year. My goal is to exercise through swimming and dry land training. The reason I set my goal was to improve fitness level. Overall, it is working because I can swim longer distances without getting so tired, when compared to the date I started working on my goal.

S - My goal could have been more specific; I could specify the number of metres I would swim each day.

M - My goal is certainly measurable: I can measure my progress by timing my 25m and 50m sprint time, just like I specified when I set my goal.

A - My goal is attainable because I have improved my time by 2 seconds, and I only need 2 more seconds to achieve my desired time.

R - It is reasonable because the goal (time) I aim to achieve is the average time for swimmers of my age.

T - Goal is time-specific since I specified an exact deadline: 16 December 2012.

As my plan is working well, I feel there is no need to adjust my routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment